The website www.smbcrail.com (hereafter called the "website") is administered by Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation. (hereafter called "the bank"). Please read the following terms and conditions carefully before accessing the website and any information contained therein.
- The website contains forward-looking financial information. Neither the bank, SMBC Rail Services LLC (hereafter "SMBC Rail"), nor any of its affiliatesmake any warranties nor guarantees with regard to forward-looking financial information, which is subject to risk and uncertainty. Please note that the specified targets or objectives may not be attained for a variety of reasons, including changes in the business environment.
- The purpose of the website is to provide information to the shareholders and customers of the bank, SMBC Rail, and its affiliates as well as news releases for the media. Items posted on the website may contain important information as defined by applicable Law.
- The website is provided for informational purposes only as supplementary means of disclosure according to legal requirements and should be viewed together with other sources. Although every effort is made to include accurate and up-to-date information on this website, we make no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the information, which may not contain all the information or may not correspond exactly to the information released to the media
- Copyrights to the contents contained on This website (including but not limited to all information, brands, designs etc.) are owned by Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation. . They may not be used, copied or altered without prior express consent by Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation. .
- Please note that Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation and SMBC Rail disclaims any liability, expressed or implied, for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages arising out of or in any way connected with actions taken on the basis of the information provided on this website.
- The bank and SMBC Rail reserves the right to suspend operation of, or change the contents of, the website at any time without prior notification. The bank is not obliged to alter or update the information in the website, including without limitation any projection or other forward looking statement contained therein.
- The website contains links and banners allowing users to access other websites which are not administered by the bank and the bank accepts no liability whatsoever for the use, content etc. of such websites.
Notice to all customers regarding the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (UIGEA) of 2006
The Unlawful Internet Gambling Act (UIGEA) of 2006 prohibits the U.S. branches of Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (SMBC) from processing restricted transactions through your business account. Restricted transactions are transactions in which a person accepts credit, funds, instruments or other proceeds from another person in connection with unlawful Internet gambling.
The UIGEA, prohibits any person engaged in the business of betting or wagering (as defined in the Act) from knowingly accepting payments in connection with the participation of another person in unlawful Internet gambling. The United States Department of the Treasury and the Federal Reserve Board has issued a joint final rule, Regulation GG, to implement this Act.
As defined in Regulation GG, unlawful Internet gambling means to “place, receive or otherwise knowingly transmit a bet or wager by any means which involves the use, at least in part, of the Internet where such bet or wager is unlawful under any applicable federal or state law in the State or Tribal lands in which the bet or wager is initiated, received or otherwise made.”
As a customer of SMBC, these restricted transactions are prohibited from being processed through your account or banking relationship with us. If you do engage in an Internet gambling business and open a new account with us, we will ask that you provide evidence of your legal capacity to do so.
Please contact your relationship manager if you have any questions.